It’s time for the third annual Women’s History Month Readathon! Get excited!
What is the Women’s History Month Readathon?
The Women’s History Month Readathon is a challenge that I started in 2019. It runs during the month of March, aka Women’s History Month, and is aimed at celebrating women’s stories.
The readathon takes place March 1-31 and the goal is to read books written by women.
If you want to take part, I’ve created a bingo board of challenges to guide your reading.
* You CAN use the same book for multiple challenges *
- A non-Western fantasy book
- A book with purple on the cover
- A book recommended to you
- A book with fewer than 1k ratings on Goodreads
- A book with a name in the title
- A book about sisterhood and/or female friendship
- A book by an indigenous author
- A book under 200 pages
- A biography or memoir
- A book by an author whose work you’ve loved before
- A book set in the future
- A book that you added to your TBR within the last three months
- An #ownvoices book for an identity you don’t share
- A book with a woman of color on the cover
- A book with a trope you love
- A book by an author who shares a name or initials with you
How to take part
The number one thing you can do to participate is read books written by women. If you want to read based on my challenges, go for it! If you want to just read any and all books written by women, that’s also great!
You can also participate on Twitter and Instagram. Follow @whmreadathon on Twitter and @weirdzealbooks on Instagram (yes, I’ve finally made a bookstagram account!) for book recs, updates, prompts, etc. Post your progress, along with your bingo board as you fill it out, and make sure to use the hashtag #WHMReadathon. Join the challenge on StoryGraph as well—add the books you’re reading and see what everyone else has picked!
If you want, you can also do the Women’s History Book Tag that I created last year. I’d also love to see your TBRs and any other WHM-themed posts you do, so make sure to link back to me so I can see!
Well, that’s all for now. Stay tuned for more updates. I can’t wait to see what everyone is reading this year!